Monday, March 3, 2014

If you are what you eat...


Welcome to the Jackie4Health inaugural blog!  For those of uyou who were loyal newsletter followers, I  hope you will find this blog to be just as useful and easy to follow!  To those new followers, welcome and please let me know how you discovered the blog.  And I love ideas on topics that need to 'have a voice' so don't be shy!

I have always loved the saying "You are what you eat".  I think this is so true; but many of us eat so mindlessly, we don't really consider what this means.  Think about putting coca-cola in your car, instead of fuel.  What would happen? I bet you would not get very far!

I love the concept of a food pyramid.  No, not the kind that is created by the government (more on that in later blogs, once you know me!).  But my pyramid looks something like this:


When you choose foods, ask yourself:  Are you causing damage and disease?  Or are you healing and feeding your body?  Choosing things like fast food, soda and packaged desserts can cause disease, weight gain, and a plethora of health conditions that can absolutely be avoided.  Choosing foods like organic fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and wild caught fish will feed your body and encourage healing, health, energy and generally help you avoid disease. 

So, if you are are what you eat - WHAT ARE YOU?
In good health,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment